Saturday, April 13, 2013

Blog 20 research Lit. review data

At this point in my research I am still collecting data but also working on my literacy review. I am looking up mulitple articles and possible interviews by editors, writers, and readers of the magazines that I have chosen to use for my project. So far from the workshops in class and given examples of past papers is really helping me alog with my own paper. Here is some of my lit review in relation  to my research question.. It's still in working progress.


Literature review

            Some studies show that the media is a wide segment of a community and offers to individuals, especially young people to have access to valuable information and resources. The media is to both entertain and educate people of all ethnic background and of all ages, sex, etc., in order to gain more viewers and keep up with group and communities. This is to also allow students or people to reach out and speak out about topics that are not spoken about within the space it’s in. this outcome can shift social norms and become positive in some way or another. But, it can also be offensive and to direct toward some people and cause negative actions.
            Articles forming topics about games and technology can be a way to bring together a diverse community along with music, art and cultural activities. What makes this relevant is that the topics of discussion with magazine articles or through blogs responses can produce positive change in attitudes and behaviors. As a media lover, reader, and writer you want to be able to target some social issues that is currently going on, topics such as Korea, taxes, education, Africa, or your own neighborhood that  maybe only a few residents know about and possibly be able to reach out to others. This forms groups of the same interest, dealing with the same issues, and coming together as a discourse community through the effect of the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment