Thursday, March 21, 2013

Blog 13


Blog 13.

 As I looked through most of the blogs I did notice some similar activities and some different from one another. I found different languages from some of the students as well.

 Research Question: How can the media or social media form a discourse community?

 My focus will be on examining the comments/ responses from each students. I will find the difference in some responses than others and also how the responses changes from the beginning to the end. 

 Some writings for my short analysis draft project…..

 What’s different? Most of the responses from students either aggressed with the next student or disagreed and if the thoughts were the same then they had different reasons of why they thought that. For example, some of the shaggy dog experience of reading the stories were a bit confusing and most students felt the same way, but some students understood it right away. As the other students continued to read more of the shaggy dog stories they started to analysis how it was structured and they all begin to understand. Now we’ve formed a discoursed community through the understanding of the shaggy dog stories.

 What’s the same? The similarities of the students blogs were that each student gave explanations about their reason of opinions. They always are positive about their responses and negotiable with agreeing or disagree. The students are really specific about what the want and what they know. Their knowledge of the work is all explained I the blogs response. 

 What I noticed? I noticed that there is a minimum amount of males than females in the class and with that the same genders never agreed as a gender separation. If some students  agreed with the same it didn’t matter if they were male or female. They came to an agreement based on their own opinions.

 
Think of observations throughout the class where there students…..all the students were focused on writing their notes for the ethnographic to make sure they have exactly what they observed.

 
Find out the language and show evidence?  One language I did notice was, and I can use myself as an example was from the ethnographic notes. My thoughts of this activity was not so sure of the outcome it supposed to have at the end. It was sort of fun and weird to have to write and look at other students expressions or body language and write down notes at the same time. The key language use from students when I was looking at…. Or when I observed…. Or while I was writing I noticed…and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment